Photos taken of Mr Ernie Day at our pipe organ and (below) of the interior of the church building. More details on this wonderful organ can be found here. March 2013.
Cleveland Uniting Church at Christmas. 2011:
The foundation stone of the new church was laid on 30 March 1980 by Rev D F Kirkup, who was secretary of the Uniting Church, Queensland Synod. This church building was opened on 22 June 1980 by the Moderator of the Queensland Synod, Rev R W Elvery. There is seating available for 302 people including 24 for the choir.
Our historical pipe organ in its present location: more information found here.
OLD CHURCH RELOCATION: The final service was held in December 1979 :
ORIGINAL CHURCH BUILT 1909 AND HALL CIRCA 1920
The old Methodist Sunday School hall opened 29 January 1921 with 88 students.
The current activity hall was built in 1961. Mr Harrison, MLA opened the hall on 23 September 1961. Rev Arthur Preston dedicated the building and Rev Ivan Alcorn, Director of Young Peoples Department, gave the address.
The first service in Cleveland was held at the home of Mr and Mrs George Zerner who had a suitable room and a piano. The first service was held on Sunday, 26 January 1908 at 2.30pm and then weekly. The official opening of the new church was on 27 November 1909.