We work hard to ensure that Cleveland Uniting Church is a place where children can be safe and see this as a responsibility of our entire community. As we work to develop an extended network of guardianship, we aim to keep children in the church safe from harm.
We have systems in place to help us:
- Provide physical environments that are clean, well-maintained and free from hazards
- Conduct activities that are appropriate for the age and abilities of the child
- Screen the people who want to work with children and provide those who are approved with ongoing training, oversight and support
- Maintain behaviours that are within the range of acceptable actions and interrupt boundary violations (inappropriate behaviours)
- Encourage people to speak up, raise concerns and provide feedback. This helps us to know when people are feeling safe and when they are not.
If you have any concerns about a program, leaders or want more information about ways that we seek to provide a safe environment for all ages, contact Rev. Steve.
We have a system for handling concerns regarding children. The policy, process and complaint forms are
available at ucaqld.com.au. Alternatively you may report abuse by calling 1800 586 591.